Last updated: May 12, 2023
The purpose of this privacy notice is to provide you with information about how UAB "JCDecaux Lietuva" (Vilniaus st. 31, LT-01402 Vilnius; company code: 110587629), acting as an independent personal data controller, processes personal data while implementing the "10sek" project. (the “Project”).
We use your personal data only for the purposes and procedures specified in this notice. We may review and change this notice so that it complies with legal acts and provide you with relevant information about how we process your personal data, so we recommend periodically checking whether you are familiar with the current version of the notice.
What personal data do we process and for what purposes?
For the purpose of selecting Project participants, we process the information you provided in the Project application (name, surname, e-mail address, phone number, video material submitted by you together with the application to participate in the Project).
• In order to carry out the Project, JCDecaux's public outdoor screens in Vilnius will publicize (show) the video piece submitted by the selected Project participant (“Work”) and the personal data in it, if the Project participant chooses to use such in the video material.
• For the purpose of communicating with the Project participant, UAB „JCDecaux Lietuva“ will manage the Project participant's e-mail address, e-mail message metadata and information provided in the email letter.
• For the purpose of publicizing the Project, UAB "JCDecaux Lietuva" may process the Project participant's name, surname, position, information about the activity, testimonial, image (photo) and/or video work submitted to the Project and personal data in it, if the Project participant chooses to use such in the video material. These Project participant data may be published on the JCDecaux website, social network accounts and submitted for publication in the media.
On what legal basis do we process your personal data?
In order to process the personal data of the Project participant, UAB "JCDecaux Lietuva" can invoke various legal bases, including the following:
• The need to perform actions prior to the conclusion of the contract, to conclude the contract, to fulfil obligations under the contract (during the selection of Project participants, personal data of the Project participant (if any) are processed in the Work for publicity during the implementation of the Project and communication with the Project participant);
• Based on the legitimate interest of UAB "JCDecaux Lietuva" to publicize the Project and to promote promising video artists and their creativity – for processing of personal data while promoting the Project on the "JCDecaux" website, social network accounts and for submission of information about the Project to the mass media;
• In accordance with the legitimate interest of UAB „JCDecaux Lietuva“ to carry out the Project – for the disclosure of the personal data of third parties (if any) in the Work.
Who do we provide your data to?
UAB "JCDecaux Lietuva" does not provide your personal data to any persons, except for the cases described in this privacy notice. In order to achieve the purposes of processing personal data specified in this privacy notice and if it is necessary, your personal data may be provided to the following persons:
• For JCDecaux employees: The data and material provided by you when you apply for the Project will be available to the responsible employees of JCDecaux, who will select the Project participants and communicate with the Project participant;
• For public authorities: when required by legal acts or when it is necessary to protect the rights of UAB „JCDecaux Lietuva“;
• For mass media: We can present your image, name, testimonial, excerpt of the video work to the media for the purpose of disseminating the Project, promising video artists and their creativity to the society;
• For data processors: UAB „JCDecaux Lietuva“ has the right to transfer your personal data to data processors which provide data hosting and other IT services to us.
How long do we store your personal data?
UAB "JCDecaux Lietuva" stores your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected. In some cases, the law may require or permit us to retain data for a longer period.
For the purpose of selecting Project participants is processed during the Project period and then stored for 3 years after the end of the Project;
• For the purpose of carrying out the Project is processed during the Project period and then stored for 3 years after the end of the Project;
• For the purpose of communicating with the Project participant is processed for 1 year after the end of the calendar year in which the communication took place, and after that stored without active processing;
• For the purpose of publicizing the Project is processed as long as the information is relevant. Your personal data disclosed in the media may remain publicly available indefinitely or until the media terminates the disclosure.
How do we ensure the security of your personal data?
In order to protect your data, we take appropriate measures that comply with data protection and data security laws. We use technical and organizational measures to protect against risks such as unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, or access to your data.
What are your rights?
You have the right in accordance with the law:
• To get acquainted with your personal data being processed - you have the right to receive information about whether UAB "JCDecaux Lietuva" processes your personal data, and if so, to receive a copy of it, and to receive other related information;
• To request correction of your personal data processed by UAB "JCDecaux Lietuva" - if your data provided by UAB "JCDecaux Lietuva" has changed or you believe that the information about you processed by UAB "JCDecaux Lietuva" is inaccurate or incorrect, you have the right to demand that this information be changed, clarified or fix it;
• To request deletion of data - the right to demand "to be forgotten", if your personal data is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw your consent to process your personal data, if data processing was based on your consent, we process your personal data based on the legitimate interest and you object to such processing and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for processing data, we must delete your personal data in order to fulfil the legal obligations applicable to us, or your personal data was processed illegally. Please note that for legitimate reasons we will not always be able to implement this right of yours, for example, we may be required by law to store your personal data for a certain period. Note, we will not be able to delete your personal data made public by the media;
• To restrict the processing of your data - you have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data, if you dispute the accuracy of the data and we carry out the related analysis; if your personal data were processed illegally; if your personal data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected, but you need it in order to assert, fulfil or defend legal claims; if you have objected to the processing of data as described below, until it is checked whether the legal reasons of UAB "JCDecaux Lietuva" are superior to your reasons;
• To disagree with the processing of your personal data - the right to object to your personal data being processed based on the legitimate interests of UAB „JCDecaux Lietuva“, unless these interests override your reasons;
• To request the transfer of your personal data processed by UAB "JCDecaux Lietuva" - the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us or the right to request the transfer of these data to another data controller in a structured, commonly used and computer-readable format, if the processing of your personal data is based on your consent or an agreement between us and your personal data are processed by automatic means. If the request is justified, we will provide you or your designated data controller with your personal data in a computer-readable format;
• To file a complaint with the supervisory authority - if you believe that we are processing your personal data illegally, you have the right to file a complaint with the State Data Protection Inspectorate.
You can exercise the above rights by submitting a written request signed with a qualified electronic signature to the email address email@example.com. No later than within 30 calendar days from the date of receipt of the request (the deadline may be extended for another two months), we will implement your rights and inform you or refuse to fulfil the request in writing, stating the reasons for the refusal.
UAB "JCDecaux Lietuva" data protection officer e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org